Sewing thread for outdoor fabrics. U.V.-resistant. Polyester and cotton/polyester
Water-repellent and durable sewing thread. Heavy duty. For tent, canvas or outdoor fabric. Polyester or cotton/polyester. Brand: Amann
ESVO is market leader in heavy duty sewing thread for outdoor fabric, tents and canvas. Our main supplier is the German quality brand Amann. We have various types of thread, especially in polyester (very strong, u.v.-resistant and resistant to salt water) and the polyester/cotton blend (for waterproof stitching, because cotton swells when it gets damp).
Durable sewing thread for tents and canvas. For all types of outdoor fabric and weather conditions
The water-repellent sewing thread for tents we have is suitable for a lot of applications: in tents, awnings, awnings, carpets, p.v.c. and the like. Important: our tent thread is not standard because our sewing thread is resistant to sunlight and general weather influences. If you want to make your own tent fabric, awnings, covers, etc. comfortable, we recommend using special tent thread for this purpose. We already have bobbins for 20-30 metres stitching length. By the way, please read within the down-stated specific products the difference between the heavy duty polyester sewing thread and our water-repellent sewing thread in the polyester/cotton blend. Or contact us for advice: [email protected] or 0031299 363695.
Why is our sewing thread for canvas stronger? What is the best thread for sewing outdoor fabric?
ESVO has a functional and high quality tent yarn or sewing thread that is suitable for many applications. Because of the perfect combination between the polyester core and cotton spinning, our tent yarn is very strong. This is evident during the sewing process as well as in the end result (the very strong seam). The strong polyester core of the sewing thread has a high breaking resistance and still has the right stretching properties. The swelling property of our polyester/cotton sewing thread, which is manufactured exclusively for ESVO, ensures an absolutely watertight seam, depending on the thickness of the needle, even in p.v.c.. When the stitching does not have to be waterproof, then polyester thread is the best yarn for sewing outdoor fabric. Shipment of our thread to abroad: our sophisticated stock management of this quality tent sewing thread guarantees fast delivery.
Overview of the distinguishing features of the tent sewing thread:
- Composition of sewing thread: polyester/cotton(for a waterproof result) or 100% polyester(when the stitching doesn't have to be watertight but only heavy duty or durable)
- hydrophobic yarns
- u.v.-resistant. high colour fastness
- the sewing thread has been treated to prevent rotting and mildew
- yarns, available in many colours
- bobbins of 125 meters, 500 meters, 2,000 or 5,000 meters per bobbin of sewing thread
- simple processing, even on a household sewing machine with needle 90 or 100 (jeans needle)
- Recently, we also have bonded polyester thread. Purely for outdoor applications and canvas. Very strong.
Thicknesses of sewing thread
- thickness 75, three-wire construction (for lightweight fabrics and inner tent fabric)
- thickness 50, three-wire construction (for fabrics of approx. 300 gr/m²)
- thickness 40, bonded construction (for fabrics used outdoors. U.V.-resistant)
- thickness 35, three-wire construction (for fabrics of approx. 300 gr/m² and heavier)
- thickness 25, three-wire construction (for fabrics of approx. 400 gr/m² and heavier)
- Sewing thread, thickness 75, pol/cotton, green
- Sewing thread, tickness 50, polyester/cotton
- Sewing thread, thickness 35, polyester/cotton
- Thickness 40, polyester
- Thickness 25, pol/cotton, white
- Polyester sewing thread, Serabond, extra strong thread, Amann, thickness 15, white
- Gore Tenara PTFE strong sewing thread, 300 meter