Gore Tenara PTFE strong sewing thread, 300 meter
Gore Tenara ultra strong sewing thread: with a thinner thread a much stronger stitching.
Gore Tenara sewing thread, 300 meter bobbin, is the strong, u.v.-resistant yarn that lasts longer than the fabric. It will not deteriorate due to exposure to the elements: not due to UV radiation or extreme temperatures, not due to salt water, dirt, acid rain, alkaline solutions, bleach or other cleaning chemicals. Tenara sewing thread will also never stain. With a lifespan of at least 15 years, this sewing thread will therefore last longer than the fabric into which it is sewn. Gore-Tex® guarantees it! See further explanation below with the distinguishing features of this more than strong sewing thread, which can be used on a regular sewing machine. In addition, we have bobbins of only 300 meters.
Applications of Gore Tenara strong thread. For the most demanding outdoor conditions.
This strong sewing thread is the ideal, colourfast choice for any outdoor application: for awnings, tarpaulins, sprayhoods, bimini-tops, awnings, convertibles, glamping tents, awnings, tarpaulins for longer covers, jumbo sun umbrellas, marine tops, boat covers, as upholstery thread, et cetera.: everything that has to last extremely long outside.
The distinctive features of Gore Tenara sewing thread
Tenara is thinner, but also much stronger than conventional yarn. This allows you to stitch it with a standard household sewing machine (please note: after an adjustment, because it is smoother than standard). This special yarn is made of PTFE. This stands for polytertafluoro ethylene. Because of this composition, the sewing thread has the following distinguishing characteristics:
- Completely insensitive to sunlight / UV rays. The yarn is pigmented - not dyed. Because of these exceptional material properties, this strong sewing thread is extremely colourfast.
- No quality deterioration due to salt, mould, mildew, acid rain, alkaline solutions, bleach or other cleaning agents.
- Does not absorb water.
- Will never fade, stain or discolour.
- Cannot crack or break, despite extreme weather conditions or temperatures, microorganisms or chemicals.
- 15 year warranty.
- Breakage strength min. 5 kilos. 1400 denier. Wire thickness nm40 / 0.3mm. To be stitched with needle thickness 90/100.
- To be processed on a household sewing machine. Note: do adjust, because it is smoother than standard.
- The bobbin contains 300 meters of sewing thread. Effective stitching length 50-60 meters.
This more than strong sewing yarn in practice. Also as upholstery thread and much, much more as untouchable thread
If, for example, you have an expensive awning, boat hood or tarpaulin, you don't want that fabric construction to fall apart after a few years. Even our most durable fabrics (upholstery fabrics, boat canvas, TenCate All Season, awning fabric and other waterproof fabrics) have a weak point: the stitched seams. At a certain point, standard sewing thread on the seam starts to wear out and 'breaks' after a certain period of time due to, among other things, UV rays, salt, detergents, dirt, water, rain and snow. This is particularly noticeable with tubular hoods, bimini tops, spray hoods and other tarpaulins.
What types of strong sewing thread do we have for you? ESVO has its own range of threads
- the polyester/cotton mix: sewing thread for tents and waterproof structures, because the cotton component ‘closes’ the perforated holes(makes the fabric waterproof again)
because of its swelling capacity.
- 100% polyester. More durable and strong sewing yarn, but not suitable for a waterproof construction. Still applicable as upholstery thread.
- Tenara thread, for the toughest outdoor conditions - see properties above.
Click here for our extensive range of sewing threads. Would you like advice? Do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] or 0031299 363695. You are always welcome.
Gore Tenara and the 15 year guarantee on this extra strong sewing thread
Tenara® sewing yarn is a registered trademark of Gore, well known from Gore Tex. These trademarks are owned by the American company W. L. Gore & Associates. Clicking this link will take you to the product page of Gore Tenare - within Gore's website: https://www.gore.com/search?q=tenara.
Note: GORE® TENARA® sewing thread is supplied with no material or manufacturing defects.
The company gives a 15 year warranty on this particular yarn. and will not be damaged by exposure to sunlight, weather or water during the life of the fabric in which it is used. This warranty does not apply to defects caused by fire, sharp cuts, chafing or improper sewing.
Moreover, it is only valid if Tenara's top and bobbin thread have been used.