Sewing thread, tickness 50, polyester/cotton
Sewing thread. Thickness 50. Strong, durable and water-repellent
The famous Rasant WR polyester/cotton sewing thread from the German quality brand Amann is water-repellent and is used, among other things, as a durable tent thread. Generally speaking, the polyester component provides the durability and the cotton fibres ensure that a stitch remains waterproof, as they swell as soon as they become damp. Rasant is mainly used as sewing thread for tents, caravan awnings and shade cloths*. Given its special properties, our tent cloth yarn is also used as sewing thread for sportswear, workwear, outdoor clothing and technical textiles.
Overview of the features of Esvo's tent cloth sewing thread:
- composition sewing thread : polyester/cotton.
- thickness 50, three-thread construction
- water-repellent tenting yarn
- treated against rot and mould
- sewing thread available in many colours
- even colour result and high colour fastness
- 125 metres per spool of sewing thread. Important: with 2-needle stitching, this spool of thread can be used to sew approx. 20-23 metres (depending on needle distance) effective length.
- easy processing, even on a household sewing machine, with needle 90 or 100 (jeans needle)
- Certified according to 94.0.8268, STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®.
Applications of this water-repellent tenting yarn
Rasant is mainly used as sewing thread for tents, caravan awnings and shade cloths*.
Given its special properties, our tent thread is also used as sewing thread for sportswear, workwear, outdoor clothing and technical textiles.
*If you want even more durable and stronger sewing thread, please choose our 100% polyester yarn from Amann from our range of yarns. This is even more resistant to UV rays and salt water. However, polyester sewing thread does not swell when wet, so it is less suitable if you want to achieve waterproof stitching.
Further description of this renowned polyester/cotton tenting yarn
Technical standards of this water-repellent polyester/cotton tenting sewing thread
Rasant WR is AMANN's functional classic with a cotton content. This sewing and embroidery thread is extremely robust, proven many times over and perfectly suited to sewing and topstitching. WR stands for water resistant. Rasant is certified in accordance with 94.0.8268, STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®.
Advice on tenting yarn
If you would like more information on tenting thread or sewing thread for outdoor fabrics in general with regard to the application you have in mind, please feel free to contact us about the best sewing thread for you. Always welcome at [email protected] or 0031299 363695.
The ESVO Team