As market leader in boat cloth we have this high quality pattern film, made of HDPE. It is more stable and tear resistant than standard P.E. (polyethylene) moulding film, because there is an insert in the film to reinforce it. As a result, this template film has a negligible elongation, cannot shrink and is transparent enough to see everything underneath, so you can easily draw the entire pattern. The adhesion for tape is also fine.
VIDEO: Please scroll down to see how to make your own mould for a boat hood.
Do you want fabric for a boat hood, bimini, spray hood or cockpit tent? ESVO is the Benelux market leader in boat cloth - AAA quality at the lowest guaranteed price. Click here for our extensive range of fabrics for your boat.
Technical characteristics of this moulded film
Material template film: HDPE, High Density PolyEthylene
Reinforcement: with insert. Stable and tear resistant
Cartridge film weight: 200 gr/m²
Other properties of this muslin
- Easy to cut, cut and staple.
- You can make any desired changes to the cut directly on the film.
- The cut of the moulded film is stable and tear-resistant.
- Sturdy and durable, can be used several times.
- Not completely smooth: extra friction for marking or felting. Good adhesion for tape.
- Flexible, therefore easy to remove from the hollow felt shape.
- Because of the thickness of the film you can feel the shape of the mould well through the fabric.
- Also very suitable for a permanent marker, such as a Staedtler pen.
- Applications of this stencil plastic: ideal for making moulds for seamless felting or drawing patterns of hollow shapes such as boat hood, bimini, tube hood, cockpit tent but also: hats, slippers or bags.
Buying this mold foil
You can buy our mallendoek on the roll or from 1 meter.
Do you want fabric for a boat hood, bimini, spray hood or cockpit tent? ESVO is the Benelux market leader in boat cloth - AAA quality at the lowest guaranteed price. Click here for our wide range of fabrics for your boat.
How to use this mold foil for making your own boat hood. Including video.
If you want to use your own boat hood as a starting point for a new hood, you must take into account the shrinkage of the boat cloth and make sure the boat hood is not stretched. Alternative: leave your old boat hood in place and make a mould over it. You can use our mould foil or template foil at all times. If you click on this YouTube video, you will see how to make your own boat hood. This video is in English, but the images are all telling and clear.
The title is: 'how to pattern for a bimini on a boat':
Het is erg belangrijk om je ringen te verstevigen met verstevigingsband, dit voorkomt uitscheuren.
Voor een extra lange levensduur.
Oprollen met het beste band.
Premium klittenband met zeer hoge kleefkracht