Polyester sailmaker yarn, thickness 40, bonded yarn
Polyester thread for outdoor fabrics. SERABOND, bonded industrial sewing thread from Amann. U.V.-resistant and very strong.
Serabond is a high quality polyester thread from the German quality brand Amann. Very abrasion resistant, high UV resistance and high tensile strength. Extremely resistant. Also for salt water environments.
This sewing yarn is NOT a STANDARD polyester yarn, but a bonded(see below) industrial sailmaker's yarn, which is particularly suitable for outdoor applications such as tents, tarpaulins, awnings, marquees, shade cloths, boat covers, awning fabrics, etc. due to its special properties. Because sun, wind, rain and sometimes even sea water place extreme demands on outdoor textiles. These weather conditions require a sewing thread whose technical properties do not change even after several years of exposure to the elements. The Hohenstein Institute have tested the durability of Serabond polyester yarn in weathering tests: Through modern processing technologies and the use of near-natural laboratory conditions, it was determined that the dyes maintain their maximum tear strength and thus colour fastness at a high level even after 300 hours of testing. By the way: Serabond sewing thread is well suited for the sewing machine (needle size 90-120).
Properties of this Serabond polyester sailmaking thread from Amann. Sewing thread for outdoor fabrics.
- Description: Bonded polyester sewing thread, multifilament sailmaking thread.
- Thickness yarn: 40
- Very durable. For all outdoor applications or outdoor fabrics, including salt water.
- Needle thickness for good sewability: 90-120
- Excellent UV resistance due to special dyes
- Weathering test according to ISO 4892-1 and ISO 4892-2
- Colour fastness: tests according to DIN EN ISO 12402-7, successful weathering test according to ISO 4892-1 EN 4892-2
About our bonded yarn. Industrial sewing thread.
Bonded or knotted yarn has a special coating that prevents the different layers of the yarn from opening in opposite directions and "clumping" together. This creates a smooth, even surface that holds the ends together and is resistant to abrasion and friction. An added benefit of bound yarn is that it does not fray at the cut ends and is slightly stiffer, making it easier to work with when threading and using the needle.
Our bonded polyester sewing thread is an industrial sailmaker's thread and therefore not comparable to a standard thread. For more product information on this sewing thread from Amann: click here.
Results of the renowned Hohenstein Institute confirm: Serabond performs well in the weathering test of this sailmaker's sewing thread
- The tests according to DIN EN ISO 12402-7 include artificial weathering according to ISO 4892-1 and ISO 4892-2
- simulation of the influence of different weather conditions (solar radiation, rain, fog) and the time of day
and night simulation
- Test duration: approx. 300 hours
- Test inge: all relevant thicknesses (10-40)
- Test criteria: Maximum tensile strength, loop strength,
- Colour fastness: test according to DIN EN ISO 12402-7, successful weathering test according to ISO 4892-1,
- More technical information about this sewing thread? Click here for the German product information from Amann and here for the English product information sheet on Serabond polyester sewing thread.
Buy Serabond, bonded polyester sewing thread, strength 40. spool of 350 or 4,600 metres.
You can buy this special polyester sewing thread from the German quality brand Amann in strength 40 and in the following lengths on spools and in colours:
- Spool with polyester thread Serabond 350 m: light grey, dark blue, white, black.
- Spool with polyester yarn Serabond 4.600 m: light grey, dark blue, white, black.
Do you sometimes need advice on tent thread or another sewing thread for outdoor use? Then please contact us at [email protected] or 0031299 363695. Always welcome.
The ESVO team