Airtex Classic waterproof fabric has been used for decades for outdoor applications and awnings. Since this UV-resistant 100% polyester waterproof outdoor fabric is coated on one side with both an acrylic and an extra dirt-repellent Teflon finish, the robustness of this premium outdoor fabric is guaranteed. Application examples: awning, tarpaulin for boats, outdoor furniture, roof tent, patio awning, caravan awning, shade cloth, party tent, parasol, tarp, waterproof cover, windbreak, etc.: see below for more examples. The waterproofness is high: 70cm when stretched. Colourfast: UV-resistant. Weight: 195-200 gr./m2. Ordering: by the metre, from the roll, from 10 stretching centimetres.
Processing/construction of this fabric:
1. can be done with a household sewing machine. ESVO also has durable polyester/cotton sewing thread for waterproof stitching of the Airtex Classic outdoor fabric. The coated side is the outside: where the rain will fall on. See information below (please scroll).
2. In addition to our durable sewing thread, we also offer grommets, reinforcement tape, snaps, needles and 30 other sewing accessories. Click here for an overview.
Alternatives to Airtex Classic: we also have acrylic boat fabric or TenCate All Season or Airtex Premium as a waterproof alternative. Search via the search bar at the top of the page.
The outer side of the Airtex Classic fabric is the coated side. So: always assemble with coated side outside! : the side on which the rain will fall. The coating can be felt. The inside of this fabric looks a little paler and shows the 'real' fabric. So this side is always the inside of your textile construction. Again: the coated side should be on the outside! In terms of construction, processing with a durable sewing thread is a must. Otherwise your textile construction will unfortunately fall apart too quickly. We have the best German yarns from Amann. If your stitching needs to be waterproof, use our polyester/cotton sewing thread. If your outdoor fabric is only to be used as a shade cloth or sunshade, a 100% polyester sewing thread is an option. Click here for all our sewing threads. Click here for our huge range of sewing accessories.
This waterproof fabric can always be wiped with a soft brush. In addition, it can be cleaned manually with a soft sponge and lukewarm water. Preferably not with a mild detergent.
Although Airtex outdoor fabric does not contain cellulose, theoretically no mould can form in the fabric. In practice, however, this is possible due to falling particles from trees or dirt, which can serve as bacterial food for mould. Therefore, you should always keep the fabric clean and dry. Improper storage of the fabric can therefore lead to fungal attack on the fabric and consequently to a loss of strength of the fabric. AIRTEX® fabric can be disposed of with normal household waste, but it can also be burned in incinerators for thermal use. This information is always subject to local legislation.
Click here for the product information from Mehler.
Airtex Classic cloth is ideal for rain and sun protection applications. In terms of sun protection, awnings made with this fabric not only protect your skin but also keep your belongings and the outdoors in good condition for longer. From the classic awning, shade cloth, sunshade and conservatory awning to sunshade or panel curtains. Sun protection systems with awning cloths set visual accents.
Outdoor in general: awning, caravan awning, sidewalls for caravan awnings, tent awning, tarp, balcony screen, privacy screen, patio cover, parasol, boat cover, windbreak, bicycle trailer, cover for garden furniture, tarpaulin, waterproof bag, etc.
- Article name of the fabric: Valmex Airtex Classic.
- Manufacturer: Mehler
- Fabric: 100% polyester PES
- Basic weight of the fabric: 195 gram/m2. Gross weight 200 gram/m2
- Coating: acrylic, 1-sided
- Additional finishing: mildew resistant, dirt resistant(with Teflon)
- Water column: 70 centimetres (note: 17 cm is sufficient as a waterproof tent fabric).
- Light fastness according to DIN 54004: 6-8 (note: 8 is the highest UV resistance, e.g. for convertible roofs).
- Water resistance: 6-8 - U.V. protection: USF 80
- Water repellency: >80 degrees according to AATCC-22 spray test
- Resistance to water pressure: 70 hPa
- Tear strength warp/weft: 1300 N / 1200N /50mm
- Warp and weft tear strength : 25N /23N
- Cold resistance : -25 °C
- Heat resistance : +70 °C
- Sun protection factor: 80 UV
- Tensile strength : no cracking < 50000 x
- Fabric carrier : L 1/1
- More information: click here for the official information on this high quality fabric from Valmex Mehler Technologies.
Esvo is the international online market leader in waterproof and outdoor fabrics. We also have alternatives for this waterproof fabric. If you would therefore like more information about this fabric, you are always welcome to contact us at [email protected] or by calling 0031299 363695.
the ESVO team
Het is erg belangrijk om je ringen te verstevigen met verstevigingsband, dit voorkomt uitscheuren.
Voor een extra lange levensduur.
Oprollen met het beste band.
Premium klittenband met zeer hoge kleefkracht