Serabond 40 is a binding polyester thread from the well-known German brand Amann.
This high quality, special polyester sewing thread has a special adhesion and has excellent UV and abrasion protection. It's specially designed to withstand rough weather, salt water and sunny conditions, making it an excellent yarn for outdoor use.
- Polyester multifilament, bound. Sailmaker's yarn
- Turn resistant, suitable for multi-directional stitching
- Extremely resistant to salt water and harsh weather conditions
- Excellent UV resistance due to special dyes
- Yarn thickness 40 (is approx. 0.30mm). Is easy to process / sew, if suitable for needle 100/16 and thread thickness 40
- Resistant to rot, mildew and bleach
- Suitable for heavier fabrics
- Sun protection: awning, tarp, wing
- Boats: boat cap, boat cover, tarpaulin
- At home: outdoor furniture, heavy leather, leather clothing, kite, parasol, sports equipment
- Tents*: army tents
- Various heavy fabrics: saddles, nets, lift tires, bouncy castle, porch, etcetera
We have various types and colours of polyester sewing thread.
See our extremely wide range from the Dutch market leader in all types of sewing thread.
* For standard tents or other cloth constructions that require waterproofing we strongly recommend our polyester / cotton tent yarn. This mixture of polyester and cotton consists mainly of polyester and is water-repellent. The polyester ensures the durability and the (small share) cotton for the swelling capacity - filling up the perforated stitching holes making the stitching absolutely waterproof.